RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/20/2024

NEWS OF THE WEEK

 You've heard of a slow news week?  This wasn't one of them.  

I'm trying to find some news that is news but not as obvious as your every-day political assassination attempts, VP nominations or political conventions; not Wimbledon Championships or a (British) Open Championship; not All-Star games or bicycle races, not a volatile stock market or global Internet failures. 

I'm looking for new news.  Well, it's not news unless it's new.  

Although, everything seems new to us, it really isn't completely new.  A guy I knew in the Army, used to respond to almost any greeting, "Same shit, different day."  

I'm not saying I'm bored like I thought that guy always seemed to be.  Each day is what we make of it.  Your attitude has a big effect on how your day goes.  Try to start each day with a positive attitude.  There will certainly be something in it to love and, maybe, something to forget.  

No matter, I'm sure your positive attitude can have a positive effect on your day.  So, tomorrow, hop out of bed, look at yourself in the mirror and smile - say, "This is going to be a great day."   Try it.  

No comments: