RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/27/2024

NEWS OF THE WEEK

When I started this news business a few weeks ago, I thought it would be easy - it's not.  I was searching for obscure news but it's hard to figure out what is obscure.  The whole world is offering us news every day.  Here's my attempt at offering something that was news to me this week.  

Housekeeper that I've become, I came upon the following.  There is a stain remover that goes by the name "Miss Mouth's Messy Eater Stain Treater" -  I kid you not!  That's the whole name.  You can get it from Amazon in a jiffy.  You can buy a 4 oz spray bottle for $8 or two 4 oz sprays and a 16 oz refill pouch for $37.   

Now, do you think there is actually a young lady named Miss Mouth?  What a name.  Did she have to get her whole marketing spiel in the product's name?  I like that it is for messy eaters.  We all know we are that at times.  I'm tempted to try this.  

Miss Mouth has a competitor without much more marketing skill.  Check out for a similar product made by "The Hate Stains Co."  - I kid you not!  Who helps make up these names?  They call theirs a "Little Red Bottle of Emergency Stain Rescue",  Prices are very similar.  The bottle is not as pretty as Miss Mouth's offering.  

You could also go for "Granma's Secret Spot Remover."  Surely, a grandma would know better than a young miss or someone who just hates stains.  But, I'm against the secret ingredient method of selling.  I won't be taken in by that ploy.  Grandma's can be real sneaky.  

Well, here I sit with pasta stains on my best t-shirt and maybe some on a chair.  Decisions, decisions.  It hurts my brain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

🤣
Amy