RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/18/2024

RUSSIA

 (If you're like me, you get annoyed when friends tell you the same story they've told before.  Old age has something to do with people forgetting what they've said previously.  Now I'm risking telling a story the second time.  I write myself notes for future blog entries and sometimes forget whether I've actually written anything or not.  Here goes.)

 Russia is the largest country in the world by physical size.  It stretches across eleven time zones from the Baltic to the Pacific Ocean.  It's in a border-war right now with Ukraine - one of 14 countries with which it shares a border.

 Here are those countries sharing a land border with Russia.  I have noted the NATO members with *.  Keep in mind that the USA is only 55 miles away across a bit of water and Japan is even closer.

Norway - Finland* - Estonia* - Latvia* - Lithuania* - Poland* - Belarus - Ukraine - Georgia - Azerbaijan - Kazakhstan - Mongolia - China - North Korea

That's a lot of border.  We only border two countries and have our own border troubles.  Is anyone trying to sneak into Russia?  





No comments: