RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/23/2024

SATISFACTION

 No matter your age, you have no doubt heard the Rolling Stones' 1960's hit called "Satisfaction".  The lyrics are pretty useless except for the hook phrase "cause I try, and I try, and I try and I try, I can't get no, I can't get no."  This is the only part of the song most people recognize and can sing.  

Satisfaction is an elusive goal.  It's said, some people are never satisfied.  Of course, many people are much too easily satisfied.  It's a good feeling, to be sure.  It has a close relationship to happiness.  Those easily satisfied are often happy.  Those who are seldom satisfied are seldom happy.  

Here's one way to look at it.  It is very much easier said than done.  Try this - do the best you can.

In the words of the late Alex Trebek, "The secret to happiness, of course, is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get."

Yes, but that seems a bit too easy.  No one wants everything they get - do they?  The answer is to be satisfied with what God has given you - I assure you, it is enough.

No comments: