RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/15/2024

TURSDAY

 The Irish pronounce the "th" words as if there was no "h".  If you're ever trying to speak in an Irish accent, remember the Thursday becomes Tursday.  At least I tink tat's what tey do.  Do they resent the English?

If you want to speak like the French speak, practice speaking without moving your lips or teeth.  I think they are trying to conserve energy; that's my guess. Or could they be trying overly much to be mellow and to seem kind?  Their language drips of honey.  Maybe, that's what slows them down.  

If you want to speak like a German, get yourself in an angry mood.  German and other Germanic languages all sound mean to me.  Be gruff.  Even the "Thank you," "Danke," sounds bitter to me.  Listen closely to "Please," "Bitte," and you will get it.  Very harsh. 

I'd say the Mexican language is a cover-up for the mood of the people.  It is usually spoken very quickly.  Do they want us to think they're in a hurry?  In a hurry for their siesta, maybe!

Asian languages have come from a different world.  You need to be an artist to write their languages.  I think they all can't agree on what those little written symbols mean and that's why speedily slur their words.  Most every Asian speaks in a higher pitch than is necessary.  I spent some time in Vietnam and I was sure they all practice speaking in falsetto.  In any case, none of these are pretty languages.  

A very strange language is found in Iceland.  It's one of those languages that require the mouth to make sounds that are foreign to me.  I'm surprised that the children of Iceland ever get out of elementary school.  If aliens have ever visited the Earth, it must have been in Iceland.  Those sounds come from outer space.

No comments: