RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/23/2024

QUIZ

 Here's another from my era; this one concerns film as well as music.  This story has always stuck with me because I loved the song.

In 1962, a group of Italians made a documentary that was a worldwide success.  They named the movie with an Italian curse.   It was a conglomerate of scenes of mostly gruesome barbarism put on as a travelogue showing cultural differences around the world.  

If that wasn't shocking enough for you, the theme song for this flic won a Grammy Award, was nominated for an Academy Award and was covered by Frank Sinatra among others.  In fact, it was the theme song for a prom I attended.  

Now, I'm sure this sounds incongruent and unbelievable to many of you but It's very accurate.  Tell me the movie title, what it means in English and the name of the famous song it produced.  

Full answer will be in Friday's entry.

No comments: