Translate

RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/29/2026

MIDWEEK PRAYER

As I have a few times previously, I'm going to the music industry for this week's prayer.  Well, it's sort of a prayer just like it is sort of a real performance.  An AI character called both Arthur Hayes and Michael Bennett has fooled many for a few months now.  It's all beyond me.  In any case, I love the lyrics and the AI singing as well.  Whatever machine put the lyrics together did a good job and I'll pass it on.  Amazing what AI can do.  Who needs me?

Lord, please sit close; the night is loud; the rain falls hard beneath the cloud
I try to keep my head up high while storms are breaking in my sky.
There's mud and smoke upon my coat, the truth is stuck inside my throat. 
I have no holy song to share, just sit with me and pull a chair.

Just sit with me Lord, let me feel your presence near
I am running thin and the darkness brings me fear
I've been losing sleep and fading, If I cannot hold my ground,  
let me lean upon your shoulder till the morning light is found.

I know my sins by their first name, they shadow me in quiet shame,
My faith is like a halfburn match, a little warmth but fading fast.
I don't need answers dressed in gold, just mercy with sleeves rolled low.
I have no holy song to share, just sit with me and pull a chair.

Just sit with me Lord, let me feel your presence near.
I am running thin and the darkness brings me fear.
I've been losing sleep and fading.  If I cannot hold my ground,
Let me lean upon your shoulder, till the morning light is found.

The dawn won't end it all, shadows wait upon the wall,
but if you stay in this room, maybe hope will start to bloom.

Just sit with me Lord, let me feel your presence near.
I am running thin and the darkness brings me fear.
I've been losing sleep and fading.   If I cannot hold my ground
I'm not healed but I am standing, till the morning light is found.  

Here it is on YouTube sung by AI with shots of AGT imposed.  https://youtu.be/t8K1rJ_ev6A?si=WbcPMF291UTNH7WL






No comments: