Translate

RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/31/2026

MOODY MONDAY

 I may be a little late with this public service announcement but better late than never.  This year, we in SW Ohio have heard very little about and from our yearly friends; the cicadas.  I never heard from them until a week ago.  

Each year one brood or another pops up out of the ground (literally) and annoys us for a time.  Some broods are larger than others.  One large group lives for 17 years underground planning their attack on the human population.  This year the brood was a very small one.  

But, I had an incident.  Last Monday, playing golf in Mason I was brutally attacked.  Just me!  Not my friends or any of the 11 guys in our group.  They ran into me numerous times.  They'd land on me when I was swinging, dive bomb me while I rode in the cart, one crashed directly into my forhead and sunglasses as I prepared to hit.  

We all came to the conclusion that it was the bright yellow-gold golf shirt I was wearing.  I don't know if they thought I was a flower or a female cicada but certainly they liked me.  I hope it never happens again.  

I write this as a warning to you to be careful of the color of your clothing this time of year.  

No comments: