Translate

RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/01/2026

TACO TUESDAY

Note:  Taco Tuesdays will be dedicated to food for the time being.

Did I tell you that I've turned into a chef?  Well. that may be hyperbole.  I do cook meals for myself almost every day  Some better than others. 

Last Friday, I was beset by a bulious attack.  I ate so much goetta my body went into rejection mode.  I had to refrain from eating anything for half a day. (for me, that's an accomplishment).  Of course, you ask "Why, Patrick, did you eat so much goetta?"  Here's why.  I like goetta.  A golfing buddy tauted me on how easy and effective it was to make your own.  I went for it.

Dorsel's pinhead oatmeat was just the right thing to use and the recipe was on the package.  Ground pork, groung beef, bay leaves, a diced onion, salt & pepper and water was all that is needed.  I put it together in the crock pot slow cooker.  Lots of stirring, lots of cooking and that's about it.  (Of course, I blew the recipe quantities a little but it shouldn't have mattered.)  Five or six hours and I had so much goetta I didn't know what to do with it all.  I froze a third and put the rest in the fridge for immediate consumption.  

Holy Smoke,  I ate goetta every morning for aight days.  I had goetta sandwiches for lunch several days.  And still, the goetta was still in the fridge looking at me every time I opened the door.  Now you know.  I just had to finish it off.    

Oh yeah.  The goetta I made wasn't terrible but . . . never agian.

No comments: