RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

3/07/2008

BUTLER COUNTY

Next Wednesday there is a big "happening" in my little corner of the world. I must admit, it goes right over my head. It is the grand opening of the new IKEA store. (I'm told its pronounced eye key' ah) A home furnishing store it is, if I have it right. I've never seen anything like this. You would think we had nowhere to shop until now. I guess the old General Store will be going out of business. The headline on the front page of our local paper yesterday said, "Bracing for a Crowd at IKEA".


They call this a 'destination' store. People will come from far and wide. Every community in the country is dying to have one. Our tourism dollars will grow. Maybe we'll need more motel rooms in the area.

GIVE ME A BREAK.

No comments: