RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

12/07/2008

MORE ON FACIAL HAIR

I got to thinking more about my facial hair. I never had what you would call a heavy beard. My parents bought me an electric razor for Christmas when I was 16 or 17. It was a big, heavy thing. I'm not sure but I think it was a Shick brand. Of course, cordless razors had not yet been invented.

I used it on my peach fuzz until I was 20 and drafted into the Army. There were no electric razors allowed during training. In fact, I think they gave us a safety razor and some shaving cream when we entered. We had to keep it nice and clean because it was subject to inspection. If your beard was not shaved in basic training, they would order you to stand closer to your razor the next morning or suffer the consequences. Very funny, huh? I used a safety razor the rest of my life until this year when my wife bought me a battery operated electric job for my birthday. It doesn't cut as close but it sure is easier. You might see me tidying up in the car some day.

.

No comments: