RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

5/24/2009

NIELSEN

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we were selected to be a Nielsen Family. What a bummer. We got three diaries, one for each TV on the satellite, that lasted one week. The diaries were mailers which had to be sent back immediately at the end of our week which ended on a Wednesday. Let me say that it was altogether too difficult to keep an accurate diary. For every hour of the day, they wanted the channel, channel number and show we were watching...and who was watching, if anyone. I think they have no idea how we watch TV. Unless I'm watching a movie without commercials, I watch at least two shows at the same time, all the time. At least two. Pretty much, I haven't watched a commercial for years. A person would have gone crazy trying to be accurate with the log. I marked up about half of what we actually watch...maybe less than half. It was ridiculous. Oh yeah, they sent us a dollar for our trouble.
.

No comments: