RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/01/2010

FOOT

I used to play softball with a guy we called 'foot'. He was a big guy who wore a shoe about size 18. When he ran, it was like an elephant squashing watermelons at every step. We didn't have him for his speed.

I was thinking about him when the doctor looked at my little foot on Friday afternoon. This sports medicine doctor was older than me. That is scary. I always heard you should pick old lawyers who knew all the old tricks and young doctors who knew all the new tricks.


Anyway, I expected his first question to be whether I had ever been a foot model because my feet are so beautiful. It wasn't. He said I have Achilles tendinitis. That's just what I expected. What I didn't expect was what showed up on the x-ray they took. There, below my heal, was a stray bone...detached from all the others. It was just floating there on the x-ray all by itself. Oh my God. When he put the x-ray on the lighted board it was easy to see what the problem was. He said I'll have to make a decision whether I have it surgically removed or learn to live with it.
I have an appointment to see the foot surgeon on Thursday. Bummer! Friday was a very up and down day for me.
:o[

No comments: