RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/20/2013

SOFTBALL

We had our last regular season softball game last night.  We embarrassed a bunch of nice guys and I'm proud of it.  I went 'long' for the first time in a number of years.  Understand that at my age going long means hitting over the outfielders head not necessarily a home run.  I got a double and was proud of it.

I have to tell you the tricks I employed on the losing team.  I wore my visor hat with the hair sticking out.  This was to confuse them about my age.   I also wore a pair of my new fluorescent yellow socks.  I'm sure this distracted them even more.  They were a blur as a ran around the bases.  No wonder I was able to have two hits including the bomb.

We have a bye for the first round of the league tournament played tomorrow and play the semis and finals next Friday.  Whoopee!

o.o

No comments: