RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

4/22/2015

PAPER

We saw on the news that KEMBA Credit Union was offering free paper shredding last Saturday from 9-1pm at their place in Union Center.   Cool.  We have more old paper than we know what to do with. Between income tax returns and my parents papers, I had a ton.

I stacked boxes of paper and paper shopping bags full of paper in the back of my car up until about 12:15. I didn't want to drive in there just before closing.  We had never done this before.

I'm a little naive, sometimes.  We drove into a mess -  two lines of traffic about 1 half-mile long waiting to get in.  Who knew everybody had so much extra paper?  Police were there in force directing traffic.  Dozens of workers unloading cars.  A large shredder and a half dozen trucks to carry the confetti away.  What an operation.  Everyone was very nice and thanked us for our paper.  Thanked us!

I can't wait until next year.
o.o


No comments: