RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/02/2015

IRELAND

I watched quite a bit of the Irish Open golf tournament on TV last weekend.  It was played at Royal County Down in Northern Ireland.  (I'm just an all-sports junkie.)

The Irish weather was the story.  Players wore insulated golf cloths, knit caps and, between shots, heated mittens.  Thank God we didn't have that kind of weather when we visited the Emerald Isle.

Rory McIlroy is the current number 1 player in the world,  he's from Northern Ireland and he was the host of the tournament.  He didn't make the cut.  I suppose he's been in the U.S. for so long he couldn't take the elements.

One of my favorite players, Graeme McDowell was there.  I love the way he pronounces Ireland.  It comes out Our-Land or Are-Land.  Its my family's land.
o.o


No comments: