RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/18/2015

SOFTBALL

Well, last night we had the late game and were, at last, getting to play softball again.  Before we could throw a pitch, the game was called off because of lightening.  Ugh!  I'm not going to worry about it.

I did my customary preparation in the afternoon.  I hit a bucket of golf balls in Fairfield and then went into the batting cages.  It was about four o'clock and the temp was 95 degrees.  I entered the batting cage and dropped my token in.  What to my surprise, the ball came at me about 40 mph.  It was a fast pitch machine. Yikes!  I hit a half dozen or so and thought I was having a heat stroke.

Sunday we're going to try again.  We have a double-header scheduled.  If only we could send some of this rain to the West Coast.

o.o

No comments: