RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/11/2017

FRIED DAY

Fried?  Yes, my brain is fried.  Not from the heat, my Goodness, we are having beautiful weather. Fried from 72 years of work.  I need to give those cerebral neurons a rest.  Think of nothing for a while.  Would that I could.   I suppose, it's not possible.

Here is something to gnaw on for today.  I saw the Shakespeare play "The Merry Wives of Windsor" on Wednesday evening.  It's not the best of William's work but still a joy.  From it, come the following phrases which you may have used or heard.

"Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late."

"...the world's mine oyster..."

"As good luck would have it,..."

"...what the dickens..."

"This is the short and long of it,..."

Shakespeare penned many a line or phrase or word usage that we use today.  His work has had a great influence on our language.  His work is a blessing.
😑

No comments: