RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/18/2018

JUNE 18

On this date in 1966, my wife and I exchanged wedding vows.  It was a beautiful Saturday morning.
The priest who officiated the ceremony was the Reverend Monsignor Gressle.   I found his picture on the Internet with his parish church, St. Elizabeth, in which we were married in the background.


St. Elizabeth's - Norwood, Ohio , Monsenior Gressle in foreground.  My parents, my sisters and I also were married there.

I was in the Army at the time and on orders for Vietnam.  I was stationed at Ft. Mead, Maryland.  My company commander overlooked some rules and allowed me to come home for five days.  I arrived about noon on Friday and went directly to get our marriage license at the Court House in Cincinnati.  That evening, we met with Father Gressle for an abbreviated marriage preparation class (Pre-Cana).  I'll never forget his advice to us, "If you don't make full penetration, you may not be able to have children."  As God is my witness.
Happy Anniversary, Sweetheart.

No comments: