RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/17/2018

MILESTONES AND MILLSTONES

Hooray!  I'm 3,800 weeks old.  No, don't feel bad.  It's okay that you didn't send me a card or an electronic wish.  I'm used to being ignored.  It's not that big a deal, I'm not even teenager in dog years. 
😞


Assuming you're not one of those afraid of the little creatures, have you tried sneaking up on a spider?  It's tough.  Most spiders have four pairs of eyes - eight eyes pointing in all directions.  Add that fact to the amazing sensitive webs they weave and you have a super aware creature. 
🕷

There was a day when the New York Times was the last word in comprehensive news reporting.  All newspapers were considered accurate if not comprehensive.  Everyone read the paper.  Almost everyone took home delivery of a newspaper.  How times change.  It's hard to imagine how any newspaper will exist much longer.  News organizations have to be able to make money to survive and pay their employees. 

The Internet is full of news.  You may say it is comprehensive in its own way.  There is no way to tell what is accurate and what is not.  It's even hard for me to picture the television news departments continuing to thrive.  Where my great grandchildren will find accurate comprehensive news reporting, I have no idea. 
📰




No comments: