RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/16/2018

THAT AND THIS

I think that music more than 25 years old is considered "oldies".  If that's the case, then Gangsta Rap is now in the oldies category.  Oh no!  Doesn't sound right, does it?  Tupac Shakur, LL Cool J, N.W.A., Dr. Dre are not the artists I think of when I think of 'oldies'.   I can't wait until one of my grandchildren gets married and they play their favorite song for them and fill the night with 'oldies'.  Yikes!

By the way, what is the purpose of music - for you?   For you, does it set a mood?    Is it just pleasure for the ears as art is for the eyes or flowery scents for the nose?   Or . . . is it loved partly because we cannot stand the quiet?  Do you love music now more or less than you did 10 years ago?


  • It's that time of year again - for the Perseid meteor showers.  Everybody up and outside at 3:30 am.  At five, you can go back to bed.  Say "Hi" to your neighbors while you're out there - or maybe an opossum or two.

One of my favorite tombstone epitaphs is "I told you I was sick."   Now, I get to say, "I told you something was wrong with my hip."
😢

No comments: