RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

1/04/2019

FRIDAY FRIVOLITY

Do you think we could travel to the sun if we could figure out how to arrive at night when it must be so much cooler?

When I was growing up, the aim for each of us was to shorten the time to adulthood.  We had to get our drivers licenses as soon as we were 16 years old; buy a car and get out of the house right after high school. I don't see that happening these days.  The voting age came down but the drinking age went up.  Kids can stay on their parents insurance and maybe in their house until they're 26.  I'd guess the thinking is something like "don't get married until you're at least 28 and have children after 30."  It's not wrong, it's just different.

I think humans might be just like perishable food in that we have an expiration date.  You know, people who are a little over-ripe, discolored, have a rank odor.  I'm not sure what date mine is but I've seen some people who may have exceeded theirs.  The next time a malodorous person comes by, just think of expiration dates.

😈


No comments: