RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

3/29/2019

GERIATRICS

Geriatric:  an elderly person
Geriatrics:  health care for the aged.

I think I'm becoming quite an expert on aging.  It has been my sideline for some time now.  Of course, everyone is aging - some of us are doing it faster, sooner and/or better than others.  I have a lot of tips to give younger people that they can forget until it is too late and then later recall that someone told them but they didn't listen.  This goes on a lot with the aged (and I don't mean run-on sentences).

These tips are as good as gold - all taken from my own experience.

1.  Old people should have a dog!  I know, you've heard this before but not for this reason.  Of course, they are a comfort and a companion.  But, the most important reason is:  It is just too difficult for old folks to bend over and pick up all the food they drop trying to get it in their mouth.  Why is it so hard for the elderly to hit their mouth with the fork or spoon?  I don't know but I do know, a dog will make it much easier to keep a clean floor below the table, the counter, the easy chair, the couch . . . Oh hell, we eat everywhere.  You can easily see how a dog is indispensable for the geriatric set.

Image result for dog

2.  Well, I'm tired.  Number two will have to wait until next week.
👴


No comments: