RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/09/2019

I'VE GOT YOUR NUMBER

This past weekend I learned that there is a young lady on the LPGA (Ladies Professional Golf Assoc.) tour that has a number as part of her last name.  I swear its true.

She is Jeongeun Lee6; a 23 year-old South Korean.  Miss Lee6 is currently rated 19th best female player in the world.  She is the current US Women's Open Champion.  Who knew?

As odd as this might seem at first, ask yourself, "Why not?"  Do you remember when the singer, once known as Prince changed his name to
Image result for prince symbol
It has no pronunciation.   Why should we stick to letters?  Numbers greatly expands the number of last names that are available and reduce the amount of letters necessary.  I think it will be a big thing in the future as long as the courts allow it.  You can't just make up a last name - it is supposed to be handed down from father to child.

Is your mind racing to think what number you might add onto your name?  Well, I'm thinking way ahead of that and out of the box.  What if I slip an ampersand (&) into my name?  Ly&saght would be spoken as Lie and sit.  Pretty cool last name - but not Irish...forget it.

Image result for jeong eun lee6

No comments: