RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/29/2020

MIDWEEK PRAYER

Good morning, Lord.
Today is a new day, a chance for a new start.
Yesterday is gone and with it, any regrets, mistakes or failures I may have experienced.
It's a good day to be glad and give thanks, and I do, Lord.
Thank you for today, a new opportunity to love, give, and be all that you want me to be.
Today, I want to start the day with you on my mind and in my heart,
Praise for you and petitions for those around me and those I meet.
Feed me today with your daily bread, as the bread of life. 
Your food, like manna, will sustain me through any trials and hunger.
Help me to set my thoughts on things above 
and to speak only what will help and encourage others.
Make whatever work I do be marked with excellence rather than perfectionism.
as I seek not to make a name for myself but to make a difference.
Help me to treat each person that I encounter as you would, 
with respect and love, forgiving others and asking for forgiveness myself when needed.
As I start this day, help me to remember that I belong to you; my desire is to act accordingly.
Keep my feet from stumbling, and my mind from wondering into distractions that
could steal precious time and energy from the most important things you have designed for me.
I'm proud to be your child, Lord and I'm so grateful that you died for me;
rising again so that every day could be filled with the wonder of love,
the freedom of your spirit, and the joy of knowing you.
I know earthly life is short and fleeting, Lord, but I want to live today
as if it were the first or last day of mine,
giving thanks for every good and perfect gift you choose to give.
Today and every day, I want to live my life for you, Jesus.
In your precious name I pray
Amen


No comments: