RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/28/2020

ART ?

 Another Monday, another boring amateur creation   At first I thought this was good for my ego but now, I've come to the conclusion it is a test of humility.  WARNING:  I have at least 15 more of these to come.  You can always skip Mondays if you like.

Enough!  This next group was again done on canvas I purchased in a booklet.  This group is larger than the first:  12" x 16" in size.   I stapled the canvas to cardboard and made frames from wood slats.  The work is done with basic acrylics.

I was to Australia for a business/vacation trip in 1995 and brought home a peacock feather for some darned reason.  I used the feather as a model for this.  I've seen portraits like it elsewhere.  It was tedious and I never really got it to look they way I wanted.  I'm a bit too much of a perfectionist.



No comments: