RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

10/05/2022

MIDWEEK PRAYER

This week I have expanded a prayer contained in the Episcopal Book of Common Prayers.  This one for the those less fortunate by our worldly standards.


Almighty and most merciful God, I am now thinking of all poor and neglected persons in the world.  It would be easy for me to forget them; the homeless and the destitute, the old and the sick, those suffering from the ravages of war or weather, and all who have no one to care for them.  I remember what you did for me by sending your Son to suffer and die in this world.  Now I want to help those that I can.  Help me to heal those who are broken in body and spirit and to turn their sorrow into joy.  Let me use the gifts you have given me for their benefit; my mind, my hands and my talents.  Grant this, Father, for the love of your Son, who for my sake became poor, Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen


🕇

   

No comments: