RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

7/31/2023

BORROWED WISDOM

I've been on vacation.  Not physically, my body never left town, but mentally.  Hopefully, I'm back in the proper frame (of mind, that is). 

Here is a jewel for you to ponder.  It is a quotation by Jack London, the author.  London wrote "Call of the Wild", "The Sea-Wolf", and "White Fang";  all of which I read as a youth in reduced form.  Hope you like it and that it makes you think.

"I would rather be ashes than dust!  
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. 
I shall use my time."


No comments: