RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

6/29/2024

AGE

 For some reason, my age has been on my mind recently.  I did a little investigation and here's some statistics that make me proud and sad at the same time.

The population of the United States right now is about 331,000,000.  (I think those are the number of legal citizens - we don't need to get into that.)  There are slightly more women than men.  

Here come the statistics:  315,000,000 of the population is younger than me; 4,940,000 are about the same age and 11,210,000 are older than me.   As a percentage: 96% are younger, 1% are my age and 3% are older than me. 

Don't get me wrong, it's good that I'm still alive - decrepit though I may be - and it is encouraging that there are more women than men running around.  (Is it?)

Any way, my 80th year begins tomorrow.   Another year on the journey to find the fountain of youth.  What could possibly be in store for me?  

Here's a note for you youngsters feeling sorry for me right now.  Thirty-nine years is the inflection age when half are old and half younger.  39 is the hump year!

SMILE

No comments: