RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

9/06/2024

FIRST FRIDAY

It's the first Friday of September.  

Here is a new rule.  When I make two entries on one day like I did yesterday, I get to skip the next day - like today.  I didn't put much thought into this.

Today is the first day of my parish festival.  It's a grand time.  When I was younger and drinking and gambling were more to my liking, I cherished this event.  Not so much any more.  I'll like it a lot better if I'm holding the winning ticket for the grand prize.  

High school football is going full force.  We're into the third week here in Ohio.  Last week I drove to Middletown to watch a game at my kid's old school.  I got there early, 6:45, and few people were there.  I was told they changed the kickoff from 7:00 to 8:00 because of the heat.  Ug!  I drove back home.  

I played more golf with the same ball I talked about two weeks ago.  I was up to 54 holes without losing it.  I didn't play as well with it on Monday.  That ball has been through the ringer.  It looks beaten.   Being scheduled to play 18 holes on Wednesday and Thursday, I was torn between breaking a great streak, losing whatever mojo that ball had given me or being realistic and breaking out a new ball.   Stay tuned.



No comments: