RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

4/11/2013

MUSIC

You might find this interesting.  I have 299 highly rated songs on my iPod.   Its my rating system.  I have an eclectic mix of music on the little gadget.  A few years ago when I was pestering her to play my iPod in her car, one of my wise daughters told me that EVERYONE thinks their iPod contains the very best music - she is so right.  I don't do that any more. 

Looking through my list, the other day, I was struck by the length of some of the songs.  It surprised me what a great variance there was.  Only 17 were longer than six minutes.  Can you think of really long songs?  Here is a list of the longest I have.

Life in the Fast Lane (Live)  The Eagles  6:01
Hold Me  Whitney Houston & Teddy Pendergrass  6:01
Thriller  Michael Jackson  6:02
Painkiller  Judas Priest  6:06
Behind Blue Eyes  Limp Bizkit  6:06
Tiny Dancer  Elton John  6:13
Feel Like Makin' Love  Queen  6:20
New York Minute (Live)  The Eagles  6:31
All Right Now (Live)  Queen  6:56
Holy Wars  Megadeth  6:35
We are the World  Many  7:00
Hey Jude  The Beatles   7:04
Light My Fire  The Doors  7:07
Hotel California (Live)  The Eagles  7:12
Stairway to Heaven  Led Zeppelin  8:03
American Pie  Don McLean  8:32
Duel From Crossroads  Stevie Ray Vaughan & Steve Vai  10:13

('o.o')  those are earphones on my little face

No comments: