RANDOM MUSINGS FROM THE TOP OF THE HILL

8/24/2011

TALK

Like most old people, I listen to a lot of talk radio...especially, sports talk.  I'd listen to more if they didn't allow callers to to dominate their shows.  Most network shows don't have callers...most local shows do.  About half of the callers tend to drive me away. 

There is one major thing that makes me change the channel immediately or at least turn down the sound.
Callers who feel they have to explain how long they have been a fan of a team by saying they remember when some old so-and-so played.  I guess they think this validates their ignorant opinion.  It drives me crazy.

The minor irritant is the caller who feels he has to ask how the host is - even though he has been on the air for two hours and answered that question a hundred times.  This is followed by the inane caller that says something like, "I know we're short of time.  Great show today.  I only have two quick questions.  I'll listen to your answer off of the air."  By the time they got that out, they could have asked their questions.

Give me talk radio but kill the talk by the idiot callers.

:)

No comments: